child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Monday, April 26, 2010

preface

It has been on my heart lately to share my journey.  Anorexia has affected so many areas of my life and I feel an incredible urge to share my story.  There are many different factors that played into my eating disorders.  I cannot point my finger to one specific thing and place blame there.  So through the entries in this blog, I hope you never feel like you hear me pointing my finger and saying "There, that was the problem."  The issues of my life are so very intricately woven together that it is truly impossible to point blame at just one thing.  Some of the issues are deep wounds and others surface issuses.  Feel free to ask any questions you have during this journey.  I won't lie.  I may not be willing to answer right away, but I'll let you know if that's the case.  I hope that in relaying my story, I can help someone else to not travel this road or to get off of it.  I don't have it all together all the time, but I have hope and hope counts for a lot sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment