child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Sunday, April 1, 2012

the tree

the tree, she stood
tall and slender
branches looking towards the heavens
she reminded me
of when I was a girl

I heard tell that
there was no greater beauty
than the poem called a tree
I marveled at her beauty
as a smile filled my face

and then I saw
one single branch
unlike the others
it didn't point up
she pointed straight at me
as if she were smiling too
marveling at the beauty she saw

it was I the tree had pointed to,
it was I she found the beauty in
I had seen her beauty
and the joy and life she brought
while she too saw beauty
in the girl who believed
that there was naught to be found


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful.... trees have their own majestic beauty that can really be quite breathtaking. I spent much of my childhood high up in my favorite tree escaping into books. I love how this poem captures the peaceful nature of trees.

    ReplyDelete