child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Thursday, September 23, 2010

new therapist

I have found my new therapist!!!!!!!!  How did I find her?  Well, the hospital gave me a list of therapist who are in network with my insurance and who specialized in eating disorders.  It was over 2 pages long.  Talk about overwhelming!  I started by crossing off the ones I wasn't willing to go to because of distance or not being familiar with the area.  I put a check mark by the ones I was willing to drive to.  I then prayed over my list and asked that God would lead me to the person I was supposed to see and then started at the top.  I left messages for 2 other therapist before getting ahold of Carol.  She answered her phone and was available in the time frame that was required of me in order to be discharged from the hospital.  Yesterday I went to see her.  You can tell a lot about a person by looking at their bookshelf.  I absolutely love when a doctor has a bookshelf in their office, in a matter of minutes you are able to tell if you are going to like them.  Her bookshelf contained many Christian books that I have either read or heard good things about.  I was encouraged.  Then we started talking.  Carol is grandmotherly.  She has a comforting presence that makes me feel safe.  In our talking she says, "I see you have put on your paperwork that you go to a Christian church.  I'm guessing that means that you won't be offended if I occasionally give you Bible verses?"  As we were finishing up and looking to schedule follow up meetings, I told her Fridays are almost never good for me because I have MOPS.  She smiled and said, "I love MOPS!  I used to be a MOPS mentor mom, it is a wonderful ministry!"  So not only did I feel an instant connection with her, I feel safe, I feel like she can truly help me work through this, and we share a common belief system.  God is so good to me!  He answered my prayer for a good therapist and helped me to find her in a very random way that only He can take the glory for.

No comments:

Post a Comment