child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Monday, March 12, 2012

tagged

My darling Amy from  Perfectly Imperfect tagged me and I find things like this to be quite fascinating.  This caters to my love of lists and my love of getting to know others better. I particularly like that not everyone who does this will answer the same questions.  She asked 11 questions for me to answer, I have to give 11 random facts about myself, and then I will ask 11 questions for my tagged buddies to answer.  Here goes!
Rules For Bloggers: (you must repost these)
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!
    11 Random Things About Myself:
    1. I met my husband just after my 18th birthday and we have been best friends since.
    2. I'm a sucker for the color purple, butterflies, ladybugs and all things girly.
    3. Lilacs are my favorite flower of all time.  I think God makes them bloom just to see me smile :)   I wish they weren't such a short lived flower.
    4. I love being a mom, I adore my children.  But sometimes I don't like them.
    5. When I was 5, I fell out of a moving car.  My face was like the stopper on a roller skate and skidded along the pavement taking all of the skin off of the right side of my face.  My kindergarten teacher was so distraught to see me like that she ended up quitting.
    6. I'm pretty computer illiterate but look like a computer genius when compared to my parents.
    7. I absolutely despise doing dishes more than any other chore in the world.  And my dishwasher is broken, which makes it a billion times worse right now.
    8. In high school, I fractured my neck by being hit on the head with a basketball during gym class.
    9. I really like nutritional medicine and while I will take regular medicine when needed, I will try the natural remedy first.
    10. I am a very loyal friend and hate that natural progression of life means that I don't get to see every one of my friends as regularly as I used to.
    11. I absolutely love when someone else brings me a meal and saves me from having to figure out and cook dinner.  I used to like to cook and loved to bake, now I hate to cook and like to bake.
    My answers to Amy's questions:

       1.  What do you feel is your greatest accomplishment in life thus far? staying married.  I didn't know if I had what it took when we first got married.  That is a conversation Hubby and I recently had and a post in and of itself for another day.

       2.  If you could go back and change one decision you've ever made, what would it be? I really hurt someone many years ago with something I did.  I didn't know at the time it was wrong but I never made it right after I realized what I had actually done.  I have no idea where that person is on the planet now to make things right at this point so all I can do is tell God and accept His forgiveness.  

       3.  What do you consider to be the best thing about where you live?  it's not humid!  Summer heat can get in the high 90's or low 100's but I can still walk outside without sweating a gallon just to walk to my car.  Or in the winter, even when it gets super cold (which isn't that often) it is never as cold as the humid places I have lived.  It is never the kind of cold that freezes your lungs when you take a breath in.

       4.  What is your biggest fear? my husband dying and having to make it through life and parenting without his support and love

       5.  What is your biggest guilty pleasure?  Twilight books, and anything that involves both chocolate and peanut butter

       6.  What is your favorite song of all time? oh my, I LOVE music and my favorite song changes as the seasons of my life change.  Right now it is Martina McBride's "I'm going to love you through it"

       7.  Describe the best day of your whole life.  I've had some amazing days.  I think the best though was the day my 3rd son was born.  My doctor informed me he was crowning and if I reached down I would be able to feel his head.  When  I reached down, his head fully came out.  My doctor coached me but she let me deliver my own sweet boy.  My hands were the first ever to touch him and hold him.  I brought him up to my chest and they cleaned him and did everything they needed to do with him right there laying on my chest cuddling with his mamma.  Being pregnant and giving birth is among the most amazing of all miracles but being the one to actually deliver my son was the most amazing of the most amazing!

       8.  Do you have any recurring dreams or nightmares? yes, nightmares.  They have gotten less in frequency since being married but not less in intensity.  

       9.  If you could be anywhere else in the world right now, where would you be? Lying on a quiet beach with a good book and a cold drink with no responsibility and nothing to do but lay there and relax!

       10.  What is the best choice you've ever made in life? the best and the hardest has been that I deserve a full and happy life and recovery (and health, both mental and physical) from eating disorder, from PTSD, from a haunting past, and from all the things that have held me hostage over the years of my life

       11.  If you could do it all over again, what would you change? I would have found my voice sooner.


    My questions for you:
    1. What is your greatest dream in life?
    2. In what ways has your life turned out like you had hoped?
    3. In what ways has your life been not at all like you had hoped?
    4. If you could give one piece of advice to someone, what would it be?
    5. What is your favorite and least favorite chore?
    6. What is your favorite recipe to make?
    7. Do you have a book (or a movie) that you could read/see many times over and still love?
    8. Who has been or is the biggest influence in your life and in who you are becoming?
    9. What are 3 great, wonderful, positive things about you? (no negative self talk here!  no I'm this but...... comments!)
    10. What are  you most thankful for in your life?
    11. What is the best advice you have ever received?

    Bloggers I tag for the above 11 questions:
    (I'm not tagging 11.  Amy already tagged a few of mine, so I will just tag a few.)
        1.  Holly at Eating a Tangerine
        2. Holly at ...breathe, just breathe
        3.  Angela at The Spirit Within
        4. Jess at A Wilderness Love Story
        5. Missy at Beautiful Sturggle
        6. Steph at bright moments during dark times
        7. Sarah at Bearing, Eating, Being  (Sarah, sorry if I double tagged you. I probably did.)


    No comments:

    Post a Comment