child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Monday, October 4, 2010

feelings

Leaving my kids unattended upstairs for too long could be a bad idea so I'll make it quick.  The past 2 days I feel like I am barely hanging on.  I feel like I am on the verge of being overwhelmed.  I have to blog or I'll end up sobbing over something stupid.  I am looking at the list of feelings that Carol gave me.  I feel a lot of them. At this second in time I can mark off
anxious                confused
defeated              dependent
depressed           discouraged
embarrassed        empty
exposed               fear
grief                     guilt
helpless                hopeless
humiliated             hurt
inadequate            insecure
invaded                isolated
lonely                   nervous            
overwhelmed        sad
scared                  shy
tired                     trapped
unsure                 vulnerable
weak

Now I realize that some of these may duplicate in meaning but still, that is a lot of emotions at once.  No wonder it feels overwhelming.  I don't even know how to ask you to pray this time.  I hurt.  I need Jesus.  I need hope, peace, comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment