child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Friday, October 29, 2010

triggers

Holy cow!  This morning hit a HUGE trigger for me.  It was as innocent as playing with my 3 year old but suddenly images flashed through my head that were less than pretty.  Suddenly I was no longer a mommy tickling my son, I was a teenage girl being attacked.  I know myself well enough to know that trigger days make eating hard.  So, today if you think of me, I would appreciate prayers for grace and strength to make it through the day.  Today I need prayers that I will rely on God's strength, not my own.  I need prayers that I will continue to find comfort in Him not in control and self destructive habits.  Today I need to know I am loved deeply, protected fiercly and safe.  Today I need God.

No comments:

Post a Comment