child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Friday, April 29, 2011

more 200

  • 11.   I didn't allow myself to be manipulated in a situation that a year ago would have sent me home emotionally weak and feeling guilty.  (This is a HUGE thing!)
    • 12.   I put together my coupon notebook and a grocery list.  Between store sales and my coupons I saved over $30!  Go me!
    • 13.   6 years ago, I gave birth to a wonderful little boy who is kind and lovable and funny and quirky and passionate and stubborn and makes me want to scream sometimes and snuggle tightly other times.  Hmmm, sounds like I just described my hubby not my son ;-)
    • 14.   I have run about a bajillion loads of laundry the past few days simply to make a dent in it big enough to fully open the door to the laundry room.
    • 15.   I prayed for someone who really angered me and prayed before I responded to said person.
    • 16.   I am learning finally how to parent without the tv (unless I am really in need of a nap!)

      1 comment:

      1. #5 is HUGE. This is totally the right way to respond to a situation like this, instead of blowing up or internalizing it and worrying over and over again. Lately, I've been really ruminating over something and I wish so badly that I could just pray about it and surrender it. It feels so difficult to do this. You are inspiring.

        ReplyDelete