child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Monday, May 2, 2011

not perfect but that is ok

I am a big country music girl.  For Easter, the Easter Bunny (aka my darling hubby) bought me a Brad Paisley cd instead of candy.  Man that bunny knows me well!  Brad Paisley is hands down my favorite country artist.  And one line in a song I've heard a million and twenty times brought me to tears last Monday.

"I know she's not perfect but she tries so hard for me
And I thank God that she isn't 'cause how boring would that be"


I thank God that she isn't perfect.  Wow.  I spend my life trying to achieve perfection and then hear a man say he's glad his wife isn't perfect.  Wonder if hubby feels that way about me.  Wonder if he likes that I am not perfect.  Wonder if my little imperfections are endearing to him.

My husband loves me just the way I am, crazy and all.  He loves me when I cry because the scale reads higher and I think I cannot ever be beautiful enough to deserve him.  He loves me when I ruin 3 dinners in 1 night.  My friends love me exactly how I am.  I don't have to be perfect.  It would actually make life boring if I were perfect!  What a beautiful and comforting thought to end my night on.

1 comment:

  1. I love that song. Brad Paisley is so good at capturing what real love is like in his songs! I love his "Everything" song, too.

    And it's true! Being married to someone who was perfect would be really boring (and intimidating.)

    ReplyDelete