child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Monday, May 9, 2011

sweet part of a bittersweet Mother's Day

This morning my hubby put a movie on for the kids, told them to let me sleep because mommies deserve to sleep in on Mother's Day, and then walked to the gas station across the street to get me coffee.  While he was gone my youngest came into my room and tapped my shoulder.  He started whispering, "Mommy, mommy, it is Mother's Day."  He tapped my shoulder again, "Mommy, it's Mother's Day and Daddy bought you a present."  More tapping, "And just so you know, the cat is in here Mommy."  Then he quietly left my room and closed my door to allow me to continue "sleeping in". 

About 15 minutes later my darling hubby arrived in the bedroom with steaming hot coffee.  I climbed out of my oh so comfy bed and as I walked into the living room, I was totally attacked by my 3 boys yelling "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOMMY!" at the top of their lungs.  With all 3 hanging on me, I nearly fell over but it was so wonderful!

They couldn't agree on who was going to give me my card so they all 3 handed it to me at the same time.  It was the cutest card with Mickey, Donald and Goofy and it said, "Mom, we wanted to get you something fun and exciting for Mother's Day.... (inside) but you already have us!"  It was darling and they were so proud.  My oldest drew a ladybug for me and my middle was proud that he could sign his own name and his little brother's name.

We were almost on time for church which is quite a feat recently.  The sermon was great and all the moms got a rose afterwards.  On the way home we stopped by the grocery store.  I am just dork enough to tell you that I got a complete thrill out of my total.  I had a shopping cart full and after store discounts and coupons, I spent less than $40!  Dorky as it may be, I loved being at the store with my whole family, getting my husband's input and saving a ridiculous amount money on our grocery bill.

My boys treated me like a queen.  At my MIL's house, my teenage niece had made me a handwritten Mother's Day card, which was super sweet.  My mom in law is a lovely lady.  We aren't very close as in let's hang out and do things together, but we both love each other a lot and have mutual respect for each other and our differences.  I love her for bringing up such a wonderful man and she loves me for loving and taking care of that wonderful man. 

I ended the evening eating Starbucks Ice Cream (one of my presents today!) and watching Celeb Apprentice.  It was peaceful and relaxing and delightful.  My boys who I have been so blessed as to get to be their mommy and hubby who is an amazing daddy and great parenting partner made today wonderful.

Did I mention that my other present from my guys was a reload on my Starbucks gift card?  Yes, I do have a coffee problem.  Yes, my guys know that and love me enough to fuel said problem!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment