child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Sunday, May 29, 2011

in the image of God

Dear Beautiful,
     I made you and I have never made a mistake.  I made those blue eyes that you are thankful for.  I made those thighs that you criticize.  I designed the tender compassion you feel so strongly for others.  I made you with thought and care, you were not and are not a mistake.  I thought out every detail of your being long before I created you.  You are exactly the way I wanted you to be.  I fashioned those long "piano fingers" as your grandmother called them.  I saw your smile in my mind before it ever appeared on your face.  I knew your heart before you did.  It is not a coincidence or the way you were raised that you love to read and write, I created that in you.  I knew you would love the spring time lilacs just as much as I do and that the beauty of the blooming trees would sing to your heart.  You are beautiful because I am beautiful and you were made in my image.  I did some great work when I made you.  I am not ashamed of you.  Quite opposite, I am so proud when I see you.  I see beauty you think you only dream of.  I see courage and strength that you don't even know exist.  I look at you and I see Me.  I see what I have created and it is good. 
Love,
God

No comments:

Post a Comment