child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Sunday, December 12, 2010

the quiet voice of courage

I bought a magnet at the bookstore last week.  It says, "Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says 'I will try again tomorrow'."  Today courage speaks quietly.  Today there is no roar.  Today if I didn't know courage could be quiet, I'd be entirely certain that I have none.  Tomorrow I will try again.  Today I failed miserably but I will choose the courage to keep on trying until it is no longer a battle to triumph.  I don't for a second understand why people tell me I am courageous.  I feel like a coward.  I guess I'm just shocked that people think because I share my story that I have courage.  I certainly don't feel like it.  Today I feel like a failure, like a coward, annoyed, violated, insecure, and exhausted.  Tomorrow, however, I will try again.  Tomorrow I will get back on my horse and ride again, even if I fall off tomorrow too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment