child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Thursday, December 2, 2010

helpful resource

Just as I started to blog, I hear the sound of my little one overhead, climbing out of bed.  So instead of blogging, I'm just going to link and go get my guy back to bed.  Carol gave me a website with lots of valuable information on eating disorders.  I particularly like that it states that the symptoms are not always obvious and that an anorexic could be overweight or a compulsive eater underweight.  The outside appearance doesn't always reflect the internal battle.  The website is http://www.something-fishy.org/.  I am not typically a fan of websites and I would say use a search engine only with extreme caution but I did check this one out since it was referred by my therapist.  It is very pro-recovery.  Very validating for those of us who struggle, and very informational for those who love us and desire to see us get healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment