child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Saturday, January 15, 2011

pro-recovery resources

There are some unbelievably destructive and triggering images on the world wide web.  I want to give some safe places to click that are pro-recovery.  I recently started following a blog called ed bites that I really really like.  The author writes well, with a deep understanding of ed, recovery and relapse, and she deeply touches me right where I am in my journey to recovery.  I also like (I'm pretty sure this came from her blog but possibly not) the term remission as opposed to recovery.  If anorexia is a disease, there is always a chance of relapse as I am so painfully aware of right now.  Cancer goes into remission.  Eating disorders go into remission.  The core issues that I have discovered and am working on will hopefully make relapse less easy but there is always days when it is still a choice. 

I have started a link list on the side of my blog with resources as I find them.  So far, ed bites and something-fishy are the only two on the side bar.  There is another that looks like it should be a total trigger site but is actually not.  I just need to find the exact link again and I have to decide if it should be included since the title sounds like an endorsement site rather than a recovery site. 

I am going to recover and I invite you to join me as I do.  For those of you who know and love me, this is how to support me.  For those of you who struggle along side of me, I invite you to find support and join me in getting well again.  We can get past this.  It will hurt and it will take a lot of work, but it can be done.

1 comment:

  1. have you heard of MentorCONNECT? it's a wonderful recovery community. it's what got me through my last relapse in the fall and what keeps me going strong.

    ReplyDelete