child of God, wife, mother, recovering anorexic who longs to see the beauty in herself that she sees in the world around her

Saturday, January 15, 2011

the skinny fat girl

Once upon a time I couldn't understand how the twig of a girl thought herself to be fat.  I laughed when I would hear her say she could feel herself getting fatter.  I have become what I have made fun of.  When you don't eat often, the meals you do eat can easily be seen.  It is like a snake eating a rabbit, you can see where the food is sitting.  It's not that I am actually gaining weight, and I know that, but it is that I can see the buldge where the food is sitting.  I don't like it.  When I was in the hospital, I knew I was skinny.  I could count every one of my ribs, my hips and colar bone stuck out.  Now I feel average.  Not that there is anything wrong with average, it is just a little difficult when I see the food sitting in my stomach.  I've come a long way, and I still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment